Thursday, September 29, 2011

ONE Sweet Little Baby!


Today was our first ultrasound and it was amazing!  Seeing that little flutter on the screen and hearing our baby's heartbeat really made us realize how awesome God is and what a miracle this little life inside of me is.  Our baby's rapid heartbeat was measured at 120 beats per minute!  As we are leaving the doctor's office and entering the elevator we were talking about how fast our baby's heart was beating and Tim says, "That's double the frequency of the electricity that comes out of the wall socket!"  ...what do I say to that?  I don't know, sometimes its just best to smile and nod.

The baby looked good and based off its size they changed my due date to May 19th, 2012.  So now our "week change" is every Saturday instead of every Thursday.  So this Saturday, October 1st I will be 7 weeks along in my pregnancy!

Having PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) it is common for me to have ovarian cysts and today they found one about an inch big on my right ovary and four more on my left that were slightly larger.  This explains why I have been experiencing some pain and discomfort.  As for now we will just wait and pray that the cysts will pass on their own, being absorbed by my body...the natural way.  Dr. K did have some concerns on a dark spot found on the scan.  Either it is a second gestational sack or a bleed.  PLEASE pray that for whatever this spot is that next week when I go back for another ultrasound we will have better results and that there will be no harm to our sweet baby.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, the first picture of my beautiful baby niece or nephew :) Timmy, it takes a pure nerd to relate the speed of your baby's heartbeat to the frequency of a wall socket. You three are always in my prayers and will continue to be!
    Love you,
    Auntie Merrillee

    ReplyDelete