Saturday, March 10, 2012

10 Week Count Down!


If Sarah decides to stay nice and cozy inside my belly until her due date we are officially in the 10 week count down.  A few of you have already voted that you think she will arrive early so that means less than 10 weeks! Yesterday, Friday, I was 30 weeks!
Took a quick picture in the front yard.
This pregnancy has gone by so fast, almost too fast, but I am so ready for Sarah to be in my arms instead of her strategic position over my bladder!

My last appointment went really good.  Everything seems to be doing just fine.  There was a small concern about my blood sugars but nothing to worry about quite yet.  My next appointment is March 29th.

In order to wear shoes and put them on myself they have to be slip-ons.  Bending over to put socks on is nearly impossible and Tim had done a great job helping me in this area.  My belly is now big enough that not only can I not see my toes I can only see my belly button from looking in the mirror.  I asked Tim to look at it yesterday and he said it now looks like a dimple on a golf ball!  I love the way his brain works and the things he says...most of the time he is hilarious.  In previous conversations he has mentioned the growth rate of our daughter and related it to how the circumference of my belly will increase and referenced Pi "pi" approx. 3.142 ...oh my, that was an interesting moment.  Luckily since I am a math guru I understood what he was saying. 

This week we picked up Sarah's crib and set it up in the nursery.  Tim did a great job assembling it and making sure all the pieces were secure for his little girl's safety.
Tim didn't really like my idea of reading the directions.

Ringo thought he was a BIG help!
He too thought directions were for girls.




Finished!

We also started painting her room.  First we had to prime the walls where there was red paint.  The previous paint job was really nice but the colors just didn't work with the rest of the decor.
BEFORE
Fixing holes in the wall from the model home decorations. 
First coat of primer.  Will need a second coat before painting.
The paint scheme that we are going to do for the nursery came from the following picture.  

The walls will be tan with a large cream stripe at eye level.  Inside the stripe there will be little lines or dashes that match the coral color in the fabric we chose for the bedding.  
Bedding fabric...Thanks Margie for all your help!
When we finish working in the nursery and put everything back in its place I will be sure the update the blog with a new picture, so keep an eye out for updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment