Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ultrasound Update

April 24, 2012
Based from measurements of Sarah's leg, belly and head she is measuring a week ahead of schedule.  They estimate her current weight at 6 pounds 9 ounces!  Sarah's body percentile is somewhere in the mid 60's and her head alone is in the 94th percentile!  She is head down already which is perfect.

Tim and I got to see her face a little bit, she was sleeping with her hands up around her head so it was a little blurry but I totally think that she is going to have Tim's chin and my nose!  I guess we will find out in just a few short weeks!  We also saw her feet, which looked really long and her chubby little hands and yes there are five fingers...I counted!  The best part of the ultrasound was when the tech said she could see some hair!  WHAT????  I had no idea that it was even possible to see your baby's hair on an ultrasound.  She pointed out that the wispy little things coming off the "circle" a.k.a. the circumference of her head was hair!  I was so happy to hear she was going to have some hair since I practically had no hair when I was born and what I did have was so light I looked bald until I was two.  Tim was born with  a good amount of hair.  Now if we only knew what color it will be.  Blond? Brown? Red? (The red comes from my mother's side of the family.  Her dad and brother had red-ish hair.)

So here is my question for you:  What color hair do you think Sarah will have?
I was and still am blond (that's a hair color Dad, not a state of mind!).  Tim was born with brown hair, then it turned blond and now...well, now its a mix of really dark brown and silver but growing up it had been really dark brown!  Please vote on the hair poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment