Thursday, December 8, 2011

17 Weeks

Baby and I went to the doctor this week for our 16 week check-up.  Apparently at the Naval Hospital you only get to have ultrasounds routinely at your initial appointment, at your 20 Week appointment and right before you deliver to determine the position of the baby.  I had to ask the corpsman if I would be getting an ultrasound because I had not had one since October and thought I was due for one.  But lucky for us, the Doppler could not pick up the fetal heartbeat....kind of scary for a minute or two, so my doctor came in and did an ultrasound.

The first image we saw on the screen was a perfectly round circle.  The probe was looking straight on top of our baby's head.  The doctor was pretty impressed and said it was the best shaped head he has ever seen!    This was a Proud Mama Moment!  I can already brag that my sweet baby has the best looking head, not to mention quite a large looking head!  Unfortunately, Tim was unable to attend this appointment due to his flight schedule but I was able to bring two pictures home for Daddy!

This first picture is of our baby's arm and hand.  Baby was moving around a lot but got a picture of it's hand up by his OR her head.
(16 Weeks 4 Days)

This second picture is looking straight onto Baby Palmer's face...kind of a creepy skeleton image.
(16 Weeks 4 Days)
As for things at home, Tim and I are doing great!  Tim's Winging Ceremony had been scheduled for January 13th.  We are looking forward to the next adventure the Navy will send us on, unfortunately we will not know where that is until shortly before the winging.  Moving definitely was not on the top of my list of things to do while pregnant so we are trying to do a little preparing now so it will not be as stressful when that time does come.

As for now the ultrasound only revealed that Baby Palmer likes to move...a lot!  I have yet to feel any movements but I am waiting for them to show up anytime now.  Still waiting to find out if it is a boy or a girl.  At the very latest we should know by January 5th!  

Soon to come...a preggo pic of me and a shopping spree! (since my favorite pieces of clothing no longer fit!  Thank God for sweatpants!)

No comments:

Post a Comment